Dr Konstantin Frank

Since 1962

Our Wines

Dr. Konstantin Frank Chardonnay (2018)

Chardonnay

Overview - Dr. Konstantin Frank Chardonnay (2018)

VINTAGE
The 2018 vintage showed how much weather conditions can change during the growing season. Budbreak and flowering were a bit late, beginning in June. July recorded some of the hottest and driest days in the Finger Lakes, perfect conditions for ripening. Several weeks of rain in September forced us to be very selective in the vineyard. Several tries through the ... Full Description

Overview - Dr. Konstantin Frank Chardonnay (2018)

VINTAGE
The 2018 vintage showed how much weather conditions can change during the growing season. Budbreak and flowering were a bit late, beginning in June. July recorded some of the hottest and driest days in the Finger Lakes, perfect conditions for ripening. Several weeks of rain in September forced us to be very selective in the vineyard. Several tries through the vineyard dropping poor fruit before harvesting only the best quality bunches. Harvest finished earlier than normal.

VINEYARD
Chardonnay on our Keuka vineyard was planted in 1962, 1968, 1974, and 2000 on various rootstocks (143A, 188-15, 3309). These are some of the oldest Chardonnay vines in the Finger Lakes originally planted by our founder. Vineyards on Keuka are shallow, shale-based soils which adds minerality, acidity, and elegance. 36% of the grapes come from Eric Volz Vineyard, just north across the road from Dr. Konstantin Frank’s plantings on Keuka Lake. The vineyard was planted in 1985 by Walter Volz, the winery’s first Vineyard Manager. This vineyard is managed by Eric Volz, current Vineyard Manager for the winery, who worked alongside his father Walter and grandfather, Dr. Konstantin Frank. Soils here are shallow with high natural acidity and high amounts of shale. The vines are planted on 3309 and 188-15 rootstocks.

Vinification
40% of the wine was barrel fermented in French and Hungarian oak with regular bâtonnage followed by 9 months of ageing in the same barrels. The remainder 60% was fermented in stainless steel and aged on its lees until blending.
Volume Discount
4-5 bottles
5% off
6-11 bottles
10% off
12-23 bottles
15% off
24+ bottles
20% off

$14.99 / bottle

Buy Now
Chardonnay
Name:
Chardonnay
Vintage:
2018
Price:
$14.99
Bottle Size:
750ml
Varietal:
Chardonnay
Appellation:
Finger Lakes
Volume Discount
4-5 bottles
5% off
6-11 bottles
10% off
12-23 bottles
15% off
24+ bottles
20% off

$14.99 / bottle

Buy Now
Chardonnay

Accolades - Dr. Konstantin Frank Chardonnay (2018)

No accolades listed yet for the current vintage (2018) of Dr. Konstantin Frank Chardonnay.
Read the accolades from past vintages.
Volume Discount
4-5 bottles
5% off
6-11 bottles
10% off
12-23 bottles
15% off
24+ bottles
20% off

$14.99 / bottle

Buy Now